Sponsored StreamersWatch some of the best tankers play live with commentary. You can also ask them questions about the game.
About the Sponsorship Program
Neverwish, the creator of WoTLabs, also streams from time to time, check it out!
You can become a Patron and set up a monthly donation at:
This post is “chicken soup for my soul”, or damage padding for my sanity. It has nothing to do with WoT/WoWP, just how the site is run. You’ve been warned.
I’m traveling for a little over a week and won’t be here to keep you company.
However! Here is a pile of updates!
World of Tanks
- Angling Armor
- Defensive Options – Armor isn’t the only tool in your arsenal
- Low tier tanks DO make a difference: 3 bottom tier tanks carrying a game
- T57 Heavy Purple Platoon Gameplay
- Scout Tanks can make the difference: WZ 131 tipping the scales
World of Warplanes
Updates for today
- T-44-85 Review. I braved the noobishness and team killing on the test server. Many Bothans died for this information… because I killed them in the T-44-85.
- First Impressions for new World of Warplanes patch 0.5.3.3: THE END OF AUTOAIM
In case you missed it…
World of Tanks content this week:
- Probing Weaknesses Video – It might be unsexy… Wait, no, it is unsexy. But it wins games, yo.
- Type 59 Equipment and Skills – I got a request to lay this out, and BOOM, here it is. Feel free to request things you’d like to see too!
- What World of Tanks was like 2 years ago
- 7/42 Tank Choices video by MillardTheMK – Wargaming is releasing a new format similar to Tank Companies, so be ready!
- Purple Platoon Commentary Video #3 – What good teammates do for each other, and how to bring it into your games.
World of Warplanes content this week:
- Bf 110 E Gameplay Video – One of the finest BnZ planes around.
- High Altitude flying in the Me 262 – The finest BnZ plane around.
- He 100 Fail to Carry Video – Full potato is best potato.
I’ll be out of town for the weekend, but I’ve added a ton of things today to keep you busy!
For the Earn Your Steel missions this week, I’ve added reviews and gameplay video guides:
MillardTheMK from worldoftankstutor.com pitched in and gave some great videos this week:
StranaMechy[RDDT] shows how penetration loses value over distance. Yes, there are more hidden stats we have to take into account. Boo.
How to use autoaim in World of Warplanes, for those interested in flying pixel tank content.
1st week (in the past)
- Type T-34
- Stug III
- Churchill I
2nd week (this weekend)
- T1 Heavy
3rd week (next weekend)
Part one of the missions is here, and the rest will be similar: kill 20 tanks with the tanks above to get 7 days of premium, 1 million credits, some premium consumables.
Reviews for each of the tanks needed for the third part of the missions is here.
Since people are terrible at keeping secrets, rumor has it that if you complete the multi-stage tier 5 missions you get an IS-6 as prize.
Where did this come from: “a source”.
Why would Wargaming do that?
- Most people already have their tier 8 premium of choice anyway
- IS-6 isn’t a good credit earner with the increased APCR costs, which it relies on
- The missions are taking several tier 5’s each week, which means gold spent to grind or get them. So in effect, people are possibly paying for the IS-6 in some way
- People who don’t pay for premium most likely won’t have the necessary tanks or XP/credits to complete this mission
- Wargaming has said before that their goal isn’t to sell premium tanks. They value gold and premium time purchased since those are ongoing revenue streams.
BTW: Next weeks’ tier 5 tanks are the T1 Heavy, AT2, and T-34. The EU server is one week ahead on this, so we’ll know in NA what tanks to get beforehand.
I’ve played ~100 or so games on the test server before the patch went live, and ~20 games this morning. Here are my thoughts on patch 8.8, in no particular order:
Personally, I’ve experienced a big jump in FPS performance. Other people are reporting a significant loss in performance. Right now there doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason to who got the benefit or detriment.